Visitors 150
Modified 14-Dec-11
Created 28-Mar-09
41 photos

This 90-acre city park began as a landfill in the 1950's. In 1991 the city completely sealed the landfill and the park was opened originally as North Waterfront Park. In 1996, the city renamed the park after Cesar Chavez.
Chavez Park mapharbor seal closeupharbor seal closeupharbor seal closeupharbor sealharbor sealharbor sealvisiting owl signnew wall installationnew wall installationnew wall installationhanging signshanging signslocksartistblack oystercatcherblack oystercatcherblack oystercatcherForster's ternForster's tern